Y’all, i just turned 29!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im still not even sure what do do with that right now haha. But yes, I just celebrated my 29th birthday on August 8th and I thought it would be a fun way for y’all to get to know me a little better by sharing 29 things you may not know about me!
Here I am just rocking the mess out of 29 lol This is in Durango, Colorado where we just celebrated our family birthdaysSo here we go!
- I Used to be a certified scuba diver
- Some of my favorite places I have visited are Hawaii, England, Africa, and Nepal (This was in Nepal. I was praying for a few women and as we kept praying for them more and more people gathered around. Whenever I looked up I saw this huge crowd around us and they all wanted prayer, it was an amazing experience.)
(A group of kids in Africa that were following us around in the village. They were so fun and wanted us to keep taking photos of them)(Here I am at Warwick Castle in England)
- I swam competativley from 7yrs old till i graduated high school
- I absolutely love music and singing. Ive been in choir my entire life and im also the girl you pass that is singing and dancing unashamedly in her car. Yeah i don’t care, let me live my life!
- My husband and I only started dating 14 months before we got married but we actually went to school together since the 5th grade and graduated together. (This is us on our very first date, so cute!)
- Yes, I am REALLY turning 29. I know, I know, i look 12 lol
- I love all types of music but my favorite (other than worship) is 90’s R&B
- I was born on 8/8/88 and in the BIBLE the number 8 represents new beginnings
- I struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for 8 years and one day during worship and prayer I had an experience with God and He delivered me. I am free from anxiety and the medication i was on for so long! ( Theres that new beginning again).
- One of my favorite Bible verses is 1 Peter 5:10-11 which says, “After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace [who imparts His blessing and favor], who called you to His own eternal glory in Christ, will Himself complete, confirm, strengthen, and establish you [making you what you ought to be]. To Him be dominion (power, authority, sovereignty) forever and ever. Amen”. We are all guaranteed suffering in this world but i love that God also promises that, whether on this side of heaven or not, He will restore us.
- I have two tattoos. A flower on my foot and on my inner arm I have a verse from Psalm 42:7 “Deep cries out to deep”.
- Im originally from Corpus Christi, TX
- I moved to Dallas to attend UNT while I was pursuing a degree in interior design. After a few years I realized thats not what I was supposed to do with my life. In 2010 I had an encounter with the Holy Spirit and I felt that God called me into ministry. So in 2011 I transferred to Dallas Christian College and received my undergrad in practical ministries with a emphasis in intercultural studies.
- I am an only child
- I came to Christ in 2007 when I was 19
- I used to be very shy growing up. As I got older I came out of my shell. Now I have no problem preaching, doing public speaking, etc. Its all a testament that God can use anybody.
- My college senior internship was with a Bible translating organization and during our time in Africa we got to help translate a few verses into the people groups heart language. It was small but we will always have had a hand in the translation of their Bible. Such an honor.
- Some pet peeves: Music skipping or things buffering. People who don’t have a open mind. When someone misunderstands me.
- Im 9 days older than my husband
- I was a great skier growing up.
- My best friend and i have been friends for 17 years! (Somehow throughout the years this became our go to photo pose lol)
- I broke my leg when i was little trying to show off for my friend what i had learned in swim practice by jumping into a empty blow up pool. Yeah, im not sure what i was thinking either lol
- Weaknesses: I procrastinate a lot (help me Lord!!!!), I sometimes doubt my abilities, i self protect a lot (hello walls), and if things aren’t written down i forget to do them.
- Im a huge Harry Potter nerd. (My husband and I on our honeymoon about to go to the harry potter theme park in Orlando)
- My favorite worship music comes from Bethel Music
- I have two silly little yorkie puppies
- My husband and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on Aug 13th!
- This October will by my 10 year anniversary of giving my life to Christ!
- My dream is to travel preach and teach the Word of God. I hope to write books and continue to see how God chooses to use this blog and youtube channel for His glory.
Man, that was hard to come up with 29 things lol. I still can’t believe I’ve been given 29 amazing years on this earth. There has been many ups and downs but I can see Christ’s redemption and blessing in it all. My plan is to live out the last year in my 20’s to the fullest that I possibly can! Here is to lots of living intentionally!
I want to thank you for spending your time with me at It’s in the Waiting. If you have any prayer requests please leave them here, I really do pray over these and love to partner with you in the things that are dear to your heart.
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and twitter @itsinthewaiting